MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Mafia game - gambino& blackbear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
okay! so I've played this on one of the servers i've joined in the past, and i'll have to admit it's a lot of fun,
it takes quite a while too (30 minutes or so depending on the amount of players) because there's a lot of storytelling but it's totally worth it.

the game requires at least 8 people and is usually played irl but can be played in private server

the GM hosting plays the role as the narrator 

THE NARRATOR
- assigns and knows all roles
- cannot help the mafia in any way, must remain neutral
- makes up a story to go with the events happening & narrates it

the narrator will explain that they will be assigning roles and everyone will wait patiently for their role to be given to them

- NO ONE SHOULD KNOW YOUR ROLE ASIDE FROM THE NARRATOR. 
- YOU MAY ONLY REVEAL YOUR ROLE IF YOU ARE KILLED
- THE NARRATOR MAY NOT NAME DROP ANYONE WHEN THEY ANNOUNCE ANYTHING OUT LOUD.
(ex: saying "Nurse, pick who you want to save" works, unlike saying "[IGN], pick who you want to save")

THE ROLES:
1 NARRATOR
3-5 MAFIA
[b] 1-2 NURSE[/b]
THE REST ARE VILLAGERS

THE MAFIA
- when roles are being assigned the narrator must add 3-5 random players (depending on total amount of players) into a party and declare them as the Mafia
 - the Mafia's goal is to eliminate the Nurse and Villagers until they outnumber them without getting caught
- When it's nighttime, the narrator will instruct the Mafia out loud to pick their victim 
(ex: "Mafia, pick your victim)"
- at this time, all Mafia will discuss who they want to kill that night via party chat, once it's decided, one must inform the narrator via whisper
- the Mafia is supposed to hide their identity as well as they can to avoid getting caught and killed

THE NURSE
- when roles are being assigned, the narrator will randomly select one player (or 2) who isn't apart of the Mafia and whisper them saying that their role is the Nurse 
- the Nurse is an important role to the game because they have the ability to save a Villager or themself from the Mafia 
- once the Mafia have selected their victim for the night, the narrator will instruct the Nurse out loud (don't namedrop them, just say something like"Nurse, pick who you want to save) to pick one person to save in case they are attacked by the mafia, if they feel the Mafia is going to target them, they can choose to save themself. 
-  Once they have decided, they must inform the narrator via whisper
- the Nurse is supposed to hide their identity to avoid being targeted and killed by the Mafia 

[b]THE VILLAGERS[/b]
- if you are not whispered or added into a party by the narrator by the time the game begins, you are considered a Villager.
- the Villager have no major role aside from try to survive and get the Mafia accused and executed. 
- that's really it. sadly, the Villagers cannot do much to help others except during the trial

ILL REPLY TO THE THREAD WITH PART 2 BC I'M MAKING IT TOO LONG LMAO

PART II 

WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE GAME?

THE DAILY ROUTINE

- during the "daytime" all players are allowed to speak and the narrator explains the imaginary scenarios going on during the day 

if it's the first day, you give a simple explanation of where we are and what we're doing

(ex: the server decides to take a skii trip!)

- once it's "nightime", all player must go to sleep aka be muted from speaking out loud. this is when the Mafia pick their victim to kill 

(look at Mafia for more information)
- this is also when the Nurse must pick who they want to save.
(look at Nurse for more information)
- once the Mafia and Nurse have selected, the narrator will declare that it is daytime, and explain the event that happened during the night.
- If a person is selected to be killed by the Mafia, the narrator will make up a story on how they died.
(ex: [IGN] was pushed off a cliff)
- If the Nurse coincidentally chose to save the same person the Mafia targeted, the narrator will explain how they were almost killed but somehow saved
(ex: [IGN] was pushed off a cliff, but landed in a bouncy house)
- if no one is killed that day, you go back to nighttime/sleep and repeat the process
- if someone is killed, you move on to the trial 

THE TRIAL 
- if someone is killed, the narrator will unmute the chat and allow the player who was killed to reveal their role
(anyone killed can either be warped out, or muted and allowed to stay to watch but they can no longer participate)
- at this point, all players areto discuss who they believe killed the person/is a part of the Mafia (of course, mafia members can participate in this and try to manipulate the players) 
- once all the players have decently accused someone (majority say [IGN] did it) the narrator will bring the accused over and the accused person will have 1-2 minutes (the narrator may put a timer) to defend themselves to the players. Some may use manipulation and some may tell the truth, but you never know until it's too late
- once the time is up, all players put up a chalkboard voting guilty or not guilty
- if the majority vote is guilty, the accused is executed and dead, and must reveal their role
- if the majority vote is not guilty, the accused is allowed to live another day, players go back into nighttime/sleep and repeat the daytime process.

at this point, it's basically rinse and repeat until all [b]Mafia are eliminated or the Mafia outnumber the Villagers.[/b]

if all Mafia are eliminated, the remaining Villagers (and Nurse if they are alive still) win (+ EP for them)
If Mafia outnumber the Villagers, Mafia wins (+EP for them)

that's all there is to it! it's a super fun game that I personally love, very time consuming but..it's great when everyone gets into it :~) 
if you have any questions, feel free to reply here or hit me up in game (blackbear or punpun)
xoxo!

@gambino and @blackbear
and yeah i tagged both of you on the 3 post cuz i dont remember who posted what x)

Will try to host that one day but need people that understand english to play that :3
cuz broken people :////////// with  "no understand"and "no fair" Big Grin
omg nice my account is back <3 <3 but thank you for reposting!! the game is called Mafia, and if you ever need any help hosting just ask me (-: