MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Map.wz in wz updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You decide!
So this has been on my mind for quite a while, and I honestly need some input on this.
Should the Map.wz file be added to wz updates or not? 
Here are some things you should keep in mind:

Pros:
+You'll get some neat-o higher-verison maps, from v117 up to v170.
+Some of these maps could be used for events, hangouts, and other random things.
+As GMS, CMS, JMS, TMS and other servers progress in THEIR wz updates, we could get those maps as well 
   (depending on whether or not the players want those maps added)
+Certain minor bugs will be fixed.
+Later in time, we can eventually have a custom-made login screen.

Cons:
-Download time WILL take a bit longer, depending on your internet speed.
-You will NO LONGER BE ABLE TO MAKE MAP EDITS 
  (no more custom home, FM, or any other maps you've edited; including login screen).

There are a few other things to be kept in mind as well. For example, you can POSSIBLY still get your home and fm map edits from either me or SunRaine, if you ask extremely politely. However this may become a bit annoying after awhile, seeing as Map.wz is somewhat of a large file, and the sending of Map files back and forth can become troublesome; so this may not entirely be a possibility for you. Also, there will be no mobs/monsters in maps where there are supposed to be (I mean unless you guys want me to add Mob.wz as well ;DDD), because adding Mob.wz to the Wz updates will take up even more space and download time.

Here is a tiny preview of SOME of the maps that there'll be if we were to include Map.wz to updates:

Please keep in mind that this post doesn't mean the Wz update is any time soon, nor does it mean that we will be getting a custom login screen immediately. It simply means that I'm wondering if you guys would want new maps implemented.

Happy Mapling and thank you for taking the time to read this!
New things are always great, but this isn't one of them. It's a very large file for very little and we lose our freedom of editing
maps (Not me) for this neat little feature. This large addition to the already compressed file will probably exceed 1 GB.

If I saw a file that big, I might not even try it, it might even scare me away since my Internet is bad.
As a SJW, I highly have no side in this and this post is completely useless. the maps are a lot nicer and it's
a nice change in scenery, but what's the point in having maps many of us may not even use?

We can do the same by our own free will. If we really want to have a change in scenery, we will probably 
edit the map file ourselves. The map does indeed look very nice and I wouldn't mind it since I don't 
mind having this file in my possession which is contradictory to what I just said, so if you believe any of this, 
I'd be very surprised.

I love these maps & I'm a troll. But my internet is bad. 
I don't care what people choose, but remember, this effects everyone if it is taken into consideration.
Your vote makes a difference, did I scare you off yet? So make sure you just don't choose for purely trolling.
This is only my opinion and an act as a troll, if you take it seriously... Read what I said before 

In edition, Angel has already said all this but in shorter terms, I just made it long and irrelevant. So if this post 
convinced you at all, you should go back and read the original post, but this is only a suggestion and the decision is
entirely up to the viewer, or you. 

~Slurrrrp~
You can replace the unused maps with newer maps. Shouldn't make the map files much larger that way.
Well that actually would be way more complicated than it seems. Changing, adding, removing or modifying maps isn't simply changing an ID. It requires modifying objects and backgrounds as well. And if I were to just remove all ojects and backgrounds from unused maps, that can pretty much affect things everywhere, ya feel? xd