MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Rewards for rebirth? Is that it? Is that rebirth points? Mhm <3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Harro ~ Firstly, I do apologize if this suggestion has already been made / declined before. << DISCLAIMER!
With that, please read on. ï¼¼(‰§–½‰¦)/

[Rebirth Point System]

// What is this system about:
      I notice every 10 rebirth we get a notice telling us that we've attained 10 rebirths. What this system would do is along with the notice, it would give us 1 RBP (Rebirth Point). Of course, with any point system there will be rewards to be obtained. Examples of the rewards will be listed below.

// Reason why I suggested this:
       Got to 1,000 rebirth, finally got enough dots to create MSI, but have to wait for VP/EP to get CSS. Basically you hit a wall once you reach this stage, and it is as if the game is telling me to wait patiently to get my MSI even though I do not mind putting in effort to progress. Yes, sure I can buy CSS from other players. However, as a solo player I don't really like to rely on others and I feel that if one of the game's requirements to progress is dependent on other players, it wouldn't be very nice. I've always thought of MSI as a system so players can continue to rebirth without wasting away their stats. To have 1,000 rebirth worth of stats and no where to use them, that's pretty mean.

I also agree with how you'd want players to continue to vote so that they can get CSS. However, with the current system I strongly feel that the game is limiting my progress. If I were to assume no other players are willing to sell their CSS, the only way to progress without waiting for events / VP is to donate and do various conversion in order to get those CSS for making MSIs. Pretty much a pay-2-win system right there. Might not be cheap, but it does fit the description.

// Rewards suggestion for above mentioned system:
       - 25   Rebirth Points (250 rebirths)       per CSS [ Needless to say, main reason of this suggestion. This would mean you'd need 1,250 rebirths to get 5 CSS for one MSI ]
       - 250 Rebirth Points (2500 rebirths)    per 'Personal IOC' [ Basically IOC item that cannot be dropped / Shared ]
       - Any other future rewards                      [ I did not include others as it would render the other systems like fishing / maple leaves useless ]

// How to implement:
      - 1 Rebirth Point every 10 Rebirths.
      - System to start awarding Rebirth Points only after implementation. Meaning players do not get points for past rebirths. Otherwise older players will benefit too much from this.
      - Coding wise I'd assume the developer would know, just minor changes to the DB / Create a new NPC / Write the function to award points.
      - For the person IOC, you'd want to either tag the item generated by the NPC or something so that the server knows that it can't be dropped.

// Advantages of this suggestion:
      - Players will no longer need to wait to get their MSI. Meaning that they can keep playing and grinding to get the items needed to create their MSI.
      - Hence prompting players to continue playing.
      - Players will never have to stop and say "I'm just waiting for my VP to get my CSS for MSI" etc.

// Disadvantages of this suggestion:
      - Market price of CSS will fall drastically.
      - May cost players to vote less since CSS can be obtained elsewhere. [ Can be solved by adding other exclusive stuff to VP that are not progress related ]

// NOTE:
      Should this suggestion be implemented, I am more than willing to help out with ideas for changes towards the VP rewards or any other affected areas which resulted from the implementation of this system. Feel free to disagree with this suggestion as I might be wrong at certain stuff. However, I feel that this will benefit us players and also create more opportunities for this server to grow. I know I'm only here for two days, so please be gentle if you think I'm wrong or being an idiot for suggesting this. Pwease be gentle on the comments... <3

With that, thank you for reading this suggestion! Feel free to comment / add on to this suggestion / increase the cost of points to get certain items. 
Again, I do wish to apologize if similar suggestions have already been made.
Also, please pardon my English as I am a dumbie. Ù©(—•€¿—•ï½¡)Û¶
I love this idea, but of course with some modifications and tweaks.
[Image: 1818.png]
I have never heard a player saying "I'm just waiting for my VP to get my CSS for MSI" o.o'
there is plenty of way to get css~ and they don't all inclute having to talk to stranger D:
You can't get CSS from JQ xDDDDDD
you can get them from @game though!
Well, I certainly did have to wait for VP to get CSS. That is, until I donated and sold DS to other players for MSI/CSS. So pretty much pay2win for me so far. Also the main issue with CSS is that I cannot get them through hard work, but rather I have to wait for it. Of course, I can buy them from other players but there are times when they just wouldn't sell them unless it is a rip off. Also I don't think that us getting more rebirth to obtain required items for MSI is to be considered as spoonfeeding since you actually have to spend time and effort to get them.

As for the pay2win issue, the server does not literally allow you to pay2win. However, it took me around 2 days to get the 9VP to create my first MSI but I've already gotten around 10 before I even got that one. How? Donating and selling DS. So tell me that's not pay2win. Not to mention, without the MSIs I got from selling the DS I would not have been able to easily obtain the dots to create the 'first' MSI from the 9VP.

Also issues I faced with obtaining CSS:

Quests for CSS                                                            - Not quite sure what this is, but is it limited or can I do this at my own pace and do I have to wait for this quest to appear?
Using Event Points at the Balloon                     - Have to wait for events.
Using Vote Points at the Vote Point Shop       - Have to wait for VP.
Fishing                                                                           - Pretty much have to AFK and wait.

I think that the game should not force me to wait or AFK to get a requirement for creating a MSI.. Rather wouldn't it be better to allow us to actively play the game instead?

Ultimately, since CSS is only one issue (might not even be an issue to other players but as a new player who grinds a lot I got stuck), I was hoping this system would add in some other rewards as well. It would be nice to reward us for getting more rebirths.

Of course, I must mention I may be wrong as these ideas and issues are only what I have personally encountered so far.
Also I apologize if this suggestion offended anyone or their ideals. Again, thank you for your time and comments. (◕‿◕)
(08-08-2016, 08:33 AM)Minnia Wrote: [ -> ]If I may, I'd like to add CSS to this thread. (because people seem to forget you can make those)

It's not going to look nearly as nice, but the requisites are as follows.

Letters Needed: CLEAN SLATE (or Ax2, Cx1, Ex2, Lx2, Nx1, Sx1, and Tx1)

Other Materials Needed: (all obtainable through farming mesos or @shop)
14 Dots (replicas)
4 Eyes of Fire
5 Onyx Apples
3 Spirits of Fantasy Theme Parks
2 Pieces of Cracked Dimension

How to farm Letters?

A: 20 Orange Mushroom Caps + 20 Cracked Hourglasses
C: 20 Blue Snail Shells + 20 Blue Nependeath Seeds
E: 20 Green Essences + 20 Luster Pixie's Sunpieces

L: 20 Lunar Pixie's Moon Pieces + 20 Red Snail Shell
N: 20 Broken Pieces of Pots + 20 Wyvern Toenails
S: 20 Ribs + 20 Zombie Teddy Bears
T: 20 Cloud Foxtail + 20 Blue Helmet

Just remember the quantities of letters you need, and happy farming.

You can make as many CSS you want as long as you go hunt for the etc needed to make them.
So you don't have to afk/wait for anything.
You are the one who made it pay2win.