MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Party Quests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Party Quest Suggestion

I always felt that although Maple Key was a fairly fun private server, it always lacked a group event in which you and your friends can both participate and train in, with the only group activity being events. For training, gaining equipment or even the mini-games in the game room, it almost has always been a solo journey for your character to be stronger in Maple Key. However, I wish that there was more of a party quest for the community to play together and get stronger with your friends.

Hence, I came up with a suggestion for a PQ on this forum in hopes that it would be an alternative to the dull training of summoning mobs in FM/ Orbis/ Donor Maps and farming for Rebirths or Peridots. Below is just a rough outline I had in mind for a PQ in this server.

Difficulty
Easy mode: 1 - 999 rebirths
Normal Mode: 1000 and above rebirths
Hard Mode: People who hit 2 billion damage

Part 1:
Jumping quests.
Base Idea: This would be a series of JQ of 2-4 maps in a row. There will be a shared timer in all maps of the JQ.
How it Works: As long as half of the party pass the map, all party members would be teleported into the next map. If timer is up, the party quest is considered a failure and ends. Perhaps the corresponding JQ points should also be awarded. 
Easy Mode: JQ with points of 1 Point.
Normal Mode: JQ with points of 2-3
Hard Mode: JQ with points of 4

Part 2:
Farming for key fragments
Base Idea: To get to the boss, you would have to go to 6 different maps to kill mobs in order to gain the key fragment. One idea is that each map would consist of spawning monsters. Only by killing sufficient monsters would the NPC give the player the Key Fragment. By getting all 6 Key Fragment, the party leader can change it for a whole Key which would allow the NPC to teleport the players into the boss map.
There should be a time limit set to prevent newer players from trying the hard difficulty by spamming power elixirs and lots of time.

One concern i have with this being in a single map is that every player has dragon roar and considering the range of that skill, being in a single map could cause problems in balancing the mob health and exp and loot rate. Also, if all party members are rebirthing in a single map, it would cause lag as well.

Mobs should also give a good amount of EXP for players to rebirth and train and should be superior to the EXP given by the solo training option.

Easy Mode: Mob Health is fairly low
Normal Mode: Mob Health normal rate
Hard Mode: Mob Health is very high.

Part 3:
Boss
Base Idea: Boss
How it Works: Boss should be interesting enough for players, giving bad status effects and debuffs players along high enough HP. Something like the boss in @inferno but with more difficulty.
Easy Mode: Mob Health is fairly low
Normal Mode: Mob Health normal rate
Hard Mode: Mob Health is very high.

Rewards
This party quest would work by the Point system similar to all other mechanic in this server. Easy would give the least points and hard would give the most points.
Regarding rewards, these are the basic ideas which I think would be the easiest to implement.
-       2x Exp/ Drop Tickets for 1 hour (Medium to High points required)
-       MSI upgrade option (High points required)(For Completionists)
o  Makes the MSI a perfect MSI which has 30k all stats and 30 WA Flat
-       Access to special Map with Snack bar/ MV for limited time (High points required)
-       Event Trophy ( High Points)
-       CSS ( Small to Medium Points)
-       Peridots (Small Points)

Special Item such as Dojo Belt
-       For example helmet or maybe something else since Dojo Belt is used for rebirth rewards
-       Each run would increase the Clear Count of this PQ.
-   Higher Clear Count is needed in order to get the superior item.
-       You have to grind and gain the points similar to rebirth belt and medal system
-   Needs to be grinded severely so as to increase the end-game bar of this server.
-       Gives superior stats to MSI for an incentive. Maybe making the final form of the equipment to be 3-4 MSI equivalent or more.

Note: As i do see the Boss PQ in the Astaroth Doorway being in Progress, this might be an unnecessary suggestion. However, this could also be a different PQ in addition to Boss PQ although this might be too much work. However, as I have no idea what the Boss PQ have for rewards and what the players would do, I just thought i would write what I think can be done for a PQ.