MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Variety's experience on the server.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This server is really great in terms of getting started. Already when I landed, I somewhat knew what to do and how to begin. There was some confusion, but with the help of @keyloqqinq I was able to figure it out quickly.However, my time here will be short. There's a lot of instability; I don't know if that's due to poor coding or networking issues with the host, but I had frequent disconnets which made my experience pretty sour. My biggest issue with the server is how easy it is to get levels, it simply didn't feel rewarding to reach 100RB's within an hour.  I could pretty much see myself reach end game within a week. Which can be either good or bad, depending on the person. I firmly believe that a game should be somewhat challenging, making you wanting to come back and get better. There was simply no effort. I didn't need to reach out to people, party up and start killing mobs together. As 0 RB, I was able to get to my first RB without any help, and then simply kill way way through till 100 within an hour. Where is the fun in that? 

Disclaimer: I am not trying to bash the server, calling it bad because I didn't have fun. I'm trying to form a discussion with people who play, who puts hours into the game. I want to know if they agree, disagree or stay neutral to my opinion. What makes you come back and play?

Shoutout: I really can't give keyloqqinq enough credit, though. He made the stay 10x more enjoyable and I was having a lot of fun discussing a variety of topics with him/her. I guess that's where the beauty of this server lies, it's tight knit community and welcoming aura.
Thank you for the shout-out! <3
Good luck in the future and I hope you find a server that you genuinely enjoy playing on.
that’s wat private server are for. you chose this server when u see that it has high exp rate. if you want challenging server , u might need to find one lower on exp rate and with rb
Quote:There's a lot of instability; I don't know if that's due to poor coding or networking issues with the host, but I had frequent disconnets which made my experience pretty sour. 
With this, usually the general "quick fixes" that we give to those that find our support chat help with the overall gameplay. I personally don't have frequent disconnects. Most of my friends that are constantly farming don't either so that would be an issue we could have attempted to assist you with.

Quote:I could pretty much see myself reach end game within a week.
Depending on what you mean by "end-game" I know players that have been playing since the server started and haven't reached their end-game yet. I would assume that our end-game goals are quite different in this case.

Quote:I firmly believe that a game should be somewhat challenging, making you wanting to come back and get better. 
I find this odd because your suggestions post is a lot of complaint about the difficulty of farming currency and how it should be a lot easier. 

Quote:I didn't need to reach out to people, party up and start killing mobs together.
I assume this means you didn't participate in the party quests we have to offer? I guess you don't need to do them but this is available to add to your gameplay.

I'm actually wondering, since you said you won't be coming back, if you'll ever read this to further the discussion... Hmm, but anyways, hope you find a server that better fits your needs!