MapleKey Forums

Full Version: error code: 10106
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
need help, click on client but this keeps pooping up error code: 10106 (the requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized) even after i disabled firewall.
Some fixes that I've googled since I've never seen this error before:

Quote:• Socket Error Code / Error Code : 10106 (The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized)

• Fix:
When using a cable modem this happens when the DHCP client on the PC hangs. To fix this you usually power cycle the modem (remove power, wait a few seconds and plug it back in). Then you will get "not a socket" error when trying to renew the IP address. So all you have to do is reset winsock. Either by deleting the reg keys or by typing: netsh winsock reset catalog in cmd

or

Quote:Here's my quick fix for this. 

1) Remove winsock and winsock2 from registry editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2 

2) Restart PC. When it boots it should tell you TCP/IP is not installed.

3) Go to Network connections and Right click their connection. Choose Properties.

4). Click Install

5). Click Protocol, then click Add

6) Click Have Disk. Type C:\Windows\inf . Choosing browse on the C: prompt won't work since it won't be listed there.

7). On the list available choose Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click OK

That's it. There shouldn't be anymore restart involved so try to see if they can get online. If not then a reboot should work.