MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Boss PQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would like to suggest some changes to Boss PQ if possible.

Currently the BossPQ are only intended to farm the BossHunter EQ and the Cubes.
Once player get the 3 bosshunter equipments, the PQ become kinda less attractive due to the cubes are meant for endgame and most likely only meant for player who are super super dedicated to the game itself from this point onward.

However, due to the easy rebirth and msi, why not consider to adjust the reward of boss PQ?

enable the final stage (or any stage) of BossPQ drop equipment above level 110 at a low chance like let say 1% ~ 5% ? 
currently its almost impossible for new joiner to get lv 110~200 equipment unless they donate or grind super hard for the event trophy. Why not consider adding these lv110+ equipment as reward? 
If lv200 equipment are only meant to be exclusive and for trading using Event trophy only, then could just consider to limit the reward range from lv110 ~ 199 or lower? at least a way to farm some equipment above lv110 ?

change the boss list for each mode? its boring to see the same boss for each PQ stage.

change the point multiplier for hell mode to even better? imo, the hell mode doesn't look like even worth the time if anyone would like to farm the boss PQ. It simply required too much time to kill even if they are at max damage, heard it need at least 4 ppl with max damage to clear it "easily". Hence, everyone are most likely just focusing on hard mode since its way more efficient I guess.

Enable the usage of potion.  Currently the boss PQ are suck especially in pink bean stage, its good that boss could damage us and kill us (happy to see that), but with the chance of 99% dying? lol that's just way too much since we couldn't use heal skills or potion. If using potion are way too OP, then at least allow healing skills? lol
How are we gonna survive it? It make the last stage of boss PQ even less attractive to be cleared, most people who cant kill would just skip that stage.
Hi Dororo, 

Thank you for this long-winded suggestion. 

We admit that Boss Party Quest has had a myriad of bugs plaguing the community in the past. In the time that I have played on the server, it has been modified at least five times. At one point, the server was even limited to just one channel in hopes that it would fix the PQ.

With this said, making any unnecessary or "quality of life" changes to the party quest would most likely result in more setbacks on fixing the current issues. To further explain,

It is not almost impossible for newer players to get equips that are level 110+. 
The Equip Gachapon provides players with items that are level 110+, including Fafnir swords and Polearms, Superior Gollux Rings and earrings, and Tyrant capes. I think we can agree that 1 Equip Ticket is still much more abundant to newer players compared to a Boss Party Quest run even though they are rare drops from all mobs in the game. While there is a low drop rate for the equips and a low chance of getting exactly what you want from the Equip Gachapon, I think that it beats having to find a party/someone willing to carry you through BPQ, and complete BPQ just for a chance to get a weapon/equip you need.  

On the next tier of items, equips with customized stats can be obtained with the least amount of grinding through the collection of Maple Leaves. The Maple Leaves NPC @home provides a total of 6 items that are very similar to MSIs and require almost no effort to obtain. There is more than one way to get equips that are level 110+ or increase damage output without having to add an extra incentive to BPQ. In the end, MSIs and items from Event Trophies are necessary to replace level 110+ items. 

Another problem also arises with the idea of having a boss drop an item. When players receive different items from Boss PQ or players argue over who deserves to take an item over another player, drama and chaos ensue. This is why a system of points is enforced, where all party members receive a set number of points that can be traded for items through an NPC. Whether a player is just beginning and is getting leeched for free to get Bosshunter Armor, or a player with more seniority is grinding for Time Cubes to make a DPS Token, both sides benefit equally. Overall, Boss PQ is balanced in terms of the items that are rewarded and thus, the rewards are not the problem. 

BPQ is a party quest, and by definition, you're meant to complete it/attempt it with other players who are working towards the same goal as you.

I don't think changing the boss list between the difficulty modes would change anything. After all, even you yourself said,

Quote:everyone are most likely just focusing on hard mode since its way more efficient
I could make the argument that no matter what the list of bosses changes to, there will always be another player that comes along and whines about it being boring; and there's no way to make everyone happy. 
While this is not official yet, we are looking to change the boss list for the Hard difficulty slightly towards the end because some players have complained about disconnecting in the later stages/bosses so look out for that

Hell Mode is supposed to be a difficulty for endgame players to complete once or twice. The only reward you get from it is a sense of accomplishment. 
With that said, I agree, Hell mode is completely pointless. But if it really is easier and more efficient to do Hard Mode, why are you complaining? After all, the game is hard enough where you have to be super super dedicated, grind super hard, or donate. Would it really be any more entertaining if you were able to solo it by yourself? 

At this point, I feel like you're just trying to shill out as much attention as you can get for absolutely no reason at all. You CAN use potions AND HEALING SKILLS in Boss Party Quest. 
To repeat myself, the game and the party quest are designed to be hard. It keeps things entertaining because it allows more experienced players who are dedicated enough to grind for items that increase their damage output and range. Nobody is asking you to do Hell Mode BPQ and it's not a requirement to advance in the game. 
Also, Heaven's Hammer, a skill from the Paladin class, is a blessing to pick up. It deals a massive amount of damage to some of the later bosses in BPQ and it is the fastest way to rush Hard Mode because it has the potential to 1HKO Pink Bean. And if you ever decide you want to attempt Hell mode for the fun of it, it is also the key to finishing Hell mode if timed correctly between the members of the party.

I understand that you may think "the game is too hard", "grinding is so boring", or "the server is pay2win because donators get a huge advantage", but the server is meant to be challenging. The EXP rate is 1000x, the meso rate is 750x, and the drop rate is 3x. If it was any easier, players would also get bored immediately after capping their damage and reaching 1000 rebirths. It isn't P2W if you still have to grind in order to get the same results as everyone else. For starters, there are only about 4-5 recommended items that you should spend on Event Trophies and less than 3 recommended items to upgrade to between every WZ update. The rest of the items are practically cosmetics. Donors get the additional benefit of training maps and commands that are what you would consider "quality of life", but this is not limited to donors. There are donors on the server who are generous enough to sell their Donor Status Points to players who cannot afford to pay $20+ for about 1.5k to 2.5k Peridot (Replicas). Compared to what you can achieve after getting access to donor maps, this is a small price to pay. 

TL;DR: quit whining, the game is meant to be hard, but everything gets easier. BPQ is balanced and the additional rewards for completing it are not 100% necessary at the current moment.
Firstly, appreciate your hardwork for writing such a long post to explain about it.

its just an alternative option for player to obtain the equips.

looking forward for the changes if it ever happen in the future.

I didnt ask for reducing the difficulty, hell mode or hard its clear-able even if you dont have any MSI, its just the matter of time you willing to spent inside.
While doing hell BPQ, i find that its not worth the efforts since Hard BPQ with less difficulty than Hell mode give better reward rate.
I am just merely suggesting an adjustment for hell mode, at least hope to make more player would join hell mode rather than just hard?
What's the point of introducing a PQ that are meant to be complete for once or twice? imo, its waste of resources.

I noticed the healing skills are not usable in BPQ, Bishop Heal Skill are set to level 0 and not usable and if I recall correctly, potions are render useless upon hit by pink bean?
Beside, its just like you're annoying by the player like me who trying to enjoy the game by doing the hell BPQ where I shall do hard mode instead.
What's the point for hell mode to exists then if hard mode are the endgame. Stupid sense of accomplishment for hell mode for those who only care for doing it once-twice.

I am not seeking for attention here, and I am not complaining/whining anything about the game.
I am just here to share some suggestion or view toward the server.
If any suggestion or feedback that are made will be labelled as complains, then fine, perhaps I shall just shut up and never made any topic here then.

Your way of answer may make reader think that its the "take it or get lost" kind of answers.
Sorry if I sound rude or pissed anyone. I sorry for that, I don't mean it, and lastly sorry for the broken english.