MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Hey bone-bags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jus' thought I'd drop in here an say sup before I get in game... Cool

that is if I can get this thing installed right.For some reason, the 'WZ editing rules' link keeps smacking me in the face with a 404 error. Dodgy So I might just try playing it by ear an hope I don't screw things up, if I do... well, guess this greeting might also be my send off. Confused 

Hope to see ya in game, till then. Wink

Edit; Oh, sorry. Under the DLs on this page.

http://maplekey.net/?page=downloads

hope it helps.
whut is the Wz editing rules? o.o
Hai there Necrotical ~ Welcome to MapleKey! ~ To sum it up, you can only edit certain maps, and only skill covers are allowed. I hope this was easier to understand!
(10-31-2015, 02:00 PM)Anime Wrote: [ -> ]Hai there Necrotical ~ Welcome to MapleKey! ~ To sum it up,  you can only edit certain maps, and only skill covers are allowed. I hope this was easier to understand!

Oh, guess it wasn't instructions then. Blush

to give my perspective, I thought the link below was to inform people downloading how to get the application running correctly. I haven't installed anything yet because, well, life... so I'm a little confused as to which is needed to be ran first.

Tried looking for a solution myself but didn't find anything on installing instructions, so... yeah.

Maybe someone can clue me in before I break something, do I mess with the maplekey client file first? Or the MSSetupv8 thing? I can see from the home page that there are people on, maybe somebody can gimme a hand up that first precipice?
I know I said I'd mess around with it, but after a few too many hours awake an not enough sleeping I'd rather trust someone who's cognitive functions aren't so debilitated.

I'll be back in a while to check if anyone's got an answer, till then.
Hey there! I'd love to help you out! Let me know when you're available!
Alright, so I installed the MSsetup8 and took a peek in the maplekey file and found a readme. I followed the instructions as best I could, but it seems something went wrong.

I extracted all the files into the nexon/maplestory folder, but the system kept removing elements. The maple key client for instance wouldn't even ask to overright the main file, it just wouldn't go through.

In case you wanna know I'm running windows 8.1 and the program I used for extraction was PeaZip, hope that helps.

Trying to move the Maplekey client onto the desktop seemed to delete the archive then promptly deleted itself, so I can't even mess with it anymore. Clicking on the maplestory client opens a 404 page and confirms it was not replace.

Honestly, I was kinda hoping for a little more guidance before I broke things. I've tried using the green chat function on the bottom of the website but to no avail as it always seems empty.

As it stands, I'd be willing to call it. If someone thinks they can pull a Frankenstein outta this situation I'd be all ears.
If not, ah well. The people I've seen around seem nice enough, I'm sure a lot more nice people will sign up.

I'll check back a couple more times before this boat sinks
Till then, and in case I dun make it back...
This is Necrotical
Signing off.
Windows 8 Is a bit of a jerk when it comes to older files, such as a v83 server. They tend not to get along.
The Maplekey Client does not need to overwrite the actual "MapleStory" Client, they coexist with each other. You just don't use the Maplestory one.

Maplekey, just like many other servers, is seen as a virus in a lot of systems. However, it is not. More than likely, it's any anti-virus or firewall you may have on. Try disabling both and re-extracting.
The maplekey client MUST stay in the folder for it to be used, however, a shortcut can be made from that folder. In order to run the game, you need to run it as Administrator (Right click, run as admin).

Let me know if the anti-virus and firewall turn off works!