MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Lottery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellow Keyers.

Any thoughts on a lottery system? 

Personally, I think the Key economy at this point is fairly unbalanced. By that, I'm referring to the buying and selling aspect of the game. Adding a lottery system should be able to enhance this, even to just some extent.

How I think it should work: 

There should be two separate pools: 1 for EPs and 1 for Dots. Players can contribute as much as they wish to either of these pools. At the end of each week, someone (or a number of players depending on the size of the pools) will win from each one.

Just a thought I had in mind.

Ryan
Hello there Ryan ~ I'll try this, but there's no certainty that it'll work successfully 100%, but I'll try my best

Some questions on this though:
>> Should it just choose between the people who contributed, or generate a number and give the pool to the player that holds the right numbers
>> I feel as there should be a starting amount like a preset reward before the contributions, but how much would you think would be a fair amount

Thank you for the suggestion!
(11-28-2015, 09:38 AM)Anime Wrote: [ -> ]>> Should it just choose between the people who contributed, or generate a number and give the pool to the player that holds the right numbers

Honestly, I believe it should be between only those who entered. Let it be only a small (minimum amount, like 5 dots, or 15 EP). That's how the lottery works in the U.S. You have to buy a ticket to win, the money you use to buy it adds to the prize.
(11-28-2015, 09:38 AM)Anime Wrote: [ -> ]>> Should it just choose between the people who contributed, or generate a number and give the pool to the player that holds the right numbers

>> I feel as there should be a starting amount like a preset reward before the contributions, but how much would you think would be a fair amount

Firstly, thanks for putting my suggestion under your consideration Ahnee :)

To answer your first question, I agree with Loretta. It should only be between players who contribute or else it wouldn't be fair to lottery investors. To avoid any mishaps, I think every player who contributes should be given a unique item (ticket) as proof of their contribution (to be exchanged for their prize) and likewise, a number can also be recorded and stored each time a contribution is made. I haven't really thought about this from a technical perspective, but hopefully it rings a bell.

To answer your second question, I too think a preset reward should be there for anyone to gain from lottery. At the moment, I think a decent amount is:

First = 300 EPs or Dots + 50% of contribution
Second = 200 + 30%
Third = 150 + 20%

I've devised these figures based on the difficulty of obtaining IOCs, Dots and such. Presumably, if lottery is done on a weekly basis and contributions are also made, the presets shouldn't be too substantial. The reason why I've specified equivalent amounts for EPs and Dots is because the in-game conversion has already been defined as 1 EP = 1 Dot.

Hope this helps!
"I agree with Loretta. "

[Image: EJ51BFS.gif]