MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

In regards to Windows 10, a few things need to be said;

[Image: 39c9dfb920.png]1. It is a new operating system, so bugs / issues are still new to us and the server.
[Image: 39c9dfb920.png]2. I personally, GM Loretta, do not know how to handle windows 10 just yet. I am still learning, so bear with me.
[Image: 39c9dfb920.png]3. Within the server, I am only aware of a few people who have had gotten windows 10 to work.
[Image: 39c9dfb920.png]I will attempt to have GM Senpai reach out to all of you. He is the only person who I know has sorted Win 10 issues for MapleKey.

I'm terribly sorry to anyone who is attempting to play at this moment. We hope to see you in game as soon as possible..!

[Image: b551a028b0.jpg]
Hey Guys,
Regarding Windows 10

I have windows 10, what do i do do load maplekey?
I close off all background programs such as skype, steam, utorrent, chrome(or any browser), basically any programs that you can close off.
How to make certain it's closed off?

Hold CTRL SHIFT ESC
It will look something like this(the processes are different for anyone: [Image: wCIZqTr.png]

Now you right click for example Skype and press End Task. You do this with all the programs such as Browsers, Steam and so forth.

Once you closed them all then you go to Maplekey.exe.
You right click MapleKey.exe and go to Properties and go to Compatibility and you do the exact same as i have: [Image: ZRZR4AM.png]
Now you launch Maplekey.exe and it should work fine.
If it still doesn't launch Maplekey.exe then go to your startup tab (inside the Task Manager): [Image: 1qKYUnU.png]
Then you disable all the programs that windows doesn't need to be loaded. Such as Skype, Razer Synapse, Discord, Steam, Microsoft OneDrive, uTorrent(remember you might have some more programs that you can disable).
How to Disable a startup program? Basically just right click the program and click disable, same thing if you want to enable it back on.
Once you did these steps then simply restart your Computer and then once your Windows has loaded then launch MapleKey.
For some it might work and might not.
Another simple thing that might help you launch maplekey.exe is to put the maplekey.exe program on your Task Bar, simply just drag it to it. Then launch it from there.

These are all the steps that worked for me in the past, remember it might or might not work for you.

Why are there problems with Maplekey and Windows 10?
Well that is a simple question, We are on version 83 of maplestory which isn't optimized for Windows 8 nor 10. That's why we run it by these methods.
Who knows maybe in the future someone will release a fix for the Windows 10 problem but for now use these steps above.
I hope these tips are helpful.

Senpai ~
-cough- Lf>Someone to resolve all of my problems
you are a problem yourself :3
brb crying
LOL
I STILL LOVE YOU <3
when you try all this and MapleKey doesnt work on windows 10 :'(
sad lyfu
uhu.. Sad