MapleKey Forums
[Suggestion] Increase EXP Gauge Limit - Printable Version

+- MapleKey Forums (http://maplekey.net/forums)
+-- Forum: MapleKey HQ (http://maplekey.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Player Feedback (http://maplekey.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: [Suggestion] Increase EXP Gauge Limit (/showthread.php?tid=4598)

Increase EXP Gauge Limit - Dororo - 01-21-2019

As everyone know how the leveling work, but just want to suggest some changes if possible.

Everytime when we rebirth, our level reset to 1, then we hunt and gain exp and fill up to lv 200 again, and this cycle repeat.
Bad thing about this is that, it create unnecessary changes of the level displayed.

Why not just set the Level 200 EXP = SUM EXP from Lv1 ~ 200? 
Everytime rebirth, then just set the EXP to 0, then we had to grind back the exp from Lv1~200, then rebirth.
Character stayed at level 200, but EXP reset to 0, and player have to grind for the EXP that worth the sum of lv1 EXP to lv200 EXP.

I seen other private server did this trick, its kinda like a quality of life changes. 
Grinding effort remained unchanges, the good thing are that we get to display the "accurate" exp from 0% ~ 100% for rebirth, and get to stay at lv200 all the time.

Basically, just increase the EXP Gauge to incredible huge value and during rebirth set the value to 0.

RE: Increase EXP Gauge Limit - Keyloqqinq - 01-21-2019

Quote:Character stayed at level 200

Ability Points or AP is a necessity on the server to make MSIs.
AP is gained by leveling up. 

Quote:As everyone know how the leveling work
Yea sure.

sage

RE: Increase EXP Gauge Limit - sadchild - 01-21-2019

are you not a trainer by any chance?
having @rbe macro’d to your dragon roar and having @autorbe on are 2 diff. things
@autorbe does exactly as you described: doesn’t start at 1 and lets you continue leveling

RE: Increase EXP Gauge Limit - Dororo - 01-21-2019

(01-21-2019, 01:13 PM)Keyloqqinq Wrote:
Quote:Character stayed at level 200

Ability Points or AP is a necessity on the server to make MSIs.
AP is gained by leveling up. 
could be done by gaining same amount of AP when they reached 100% of the EXP or during rebirth or etc. 
Even newbie could level up within few minutes after the first rebirth. There aren't any harm of AP assignment after the first rebirth.

the suggestion doesn't disable the AP gaining, its just we get to retrieve all the AP once we complete the EXP at 100%

RE: Increase EXP Gauge Limit - Keyloqqinq - 01-21-2019

As per my calculations, I found that getting from level 1 to level 200 requires more than 2,147, 483, 647 experience points. As you might know, this is the maximum value possible for a 32-bit variable such as the experience count on MapleKey. Because of this, I'm sorry to say that your suggestion simply isn't possible.

I get why you think this is a QoL change, but the fact that I would have to wait until I hit level 200 before I get all the AP I earned just sounds moronic. Even if it were possible, all of this just makes it so much more complicated for newer players. I'm sure its possible to make it so that players receive all the AP from levels 1-200 after rebirthing, but this is would extremely straining on players who are starting fresh. It is already hard enough to kill mobs in @fm as a new player without having to add points to STR/DEX/LUK/INT every couple seconds/minutes.

Another problem arises when players complain that low leveled mobs give too little experience, which usually results in players begging for leech and ways to "speed up the game". Even if a new player were to reach level 200, and perhaps get a couple rebirths afterwards, I think that it would be even more tedious to continuously be stuck at level 200. Having to watch the small experience bar at the bottom of the screen slowly inch forwards just sounds monotonous. Being stuck at level 200 does have the same sense of accomplishment/appeal that I get when I actually level up.

Additionally, when you rebirth, your level does not always reset to 1. It takes the leftover experience from after you rebirth at level 200 and applies it to the "new" rebirth. This is why sometimes, you may find yourself at a higher level, ex. 127 or 182, after you rebirth.

I understand that it can be frustrating sometimes when you rebirth into a level 1 explorer/Aran/Cygnus Knight and you don't do damage to mobs anymore, but that's just something that you're going to have to learn to work around/suck up like every other player on the server. One thing that helps is either using a level 0 weapon or rebirthing as a GM, in which level requirements, AP requirements, and/or fame requirements on equips can be disregarded.