MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Event Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, MapleKey!

First and foremost, apologies to Loretta and others about submitting this post late.

Below are some of my suggestions for events we could host, based on my own experiences and creativity. I hope these will at least provide some lead into future events. I'm open to any criticism, so here they are:

'Dodgebomb'

Objective: To remain the last one or few standing.
Description: All participants will gather on a platform (a timer can be set and those not on the platform after x seconds will not be able to participate). The host will then hide and spawn bombs all over the platform. The goal is to avoid the explosions. Players that are thrown off the platform will be eliminated. This will continue until only x players remain.

Note: A more generic version of this game is LMS (Last Man Standing), where monsters are summoned on a small platform with players on it. The goal is to avoid getting knocked off while being hit. Credits to SunRaine.

Constraints: Power stance is not permitted.

'Bomb Roulette'

Objective:
To be the last one or few remaining.
Description: This game is a variation to Russian Roulette. All participants will select a platform. Make sure the platforms are close-knit. To start, a player will be randomly selected to choose a number, for example, from 1-4. The host will then randomly generate a number from 1-4. The conditions are:
  • If the player's number = the randomly generated number, a bomb will be planted on their platform
  • If the player's number <> the randomly generated number, another player will be selected at random to choose a number
A bomb planted on the unlucky player's platform may or may not affect everyone within the bomb's vicinity. This makes the outcome based purely on luck and creates a fair chance for everyone to win.

This will continue until only x players remain.

Constraints: Power stance is not permitted.

'Simon Says'

Objective: To follow instructions and be the last one or few remaining.
Description: The key to winning this game is doing only what SIMON SAYS and only if it is POSSIBLE to do so. The host (Simon) will select a map of their choice. All participants will need to stand against a wall, on a platform, etc as instructed to begin. The host will then deliver the first statement, for example, "Walk to the other side of the map in 10 seconds". Players that move will be eliminated, because the host never said "Simon says".  Let's say the host did say "Simon says walk to the other side of the map in 10 seconds". One of two things could happen:
  • Players can choose to remain still. If it is IMPOSSIBLE to make it to the other side in 10 seconds, they will be safe. Those that fail to make it to the other side or back to the starting position will be eliminated.
  • If it is POSSIBLE to make it to the other side, all players that remain at the starting position will be eliminated. Those that fail to reach the other side will also be eliminated. Those that make it to the other side in 10 seconds will be safe.
The host will then deliver the next statement. This will continue until only x players remain.

Note: The host will need to be familiar with the map they choose.

Constraints: No mobility skills permitted.

'21'

Objective: To be the last one or few remaining.
Description: All participants will need to line up (a timer can be set for players to select a position in the line). A player will be randomly selected to start the game. From left to right, players will count sequentially from 1 to 21. The player who reaches 21 will be eliminated. The next player, continuing from whoever is eliminated, will start the next round from 1. Alternatively, a different player can be randomly selected to start the round. This will continue until only x players remain.

Note: Stun must be used to prevent cheating, where a player may purposely shift positions without the host knowing. 

'Word Rumble'

Objective: To be the last one or few remaining.
Description: This game is a variation to '21' and is quite tedious but fun. All participants will need to line up (again, a timer can be set). A player will be randomly selected to start the game. The host will then deliver the first word. From left to right, each player will continue on the chain by saying another word that starts with the last letter of the previous word, i.e. Loretta > Anime > etc. If a player fails to respond or decides to forfeit, leave or go afk, they will be eliminated. At the end of each round, a new word will be delivered (selecting a player at random to start each round is optional). This will continue until only x players remain.

Constraints: Names are not permitted (I only used IGNs to illustrate my point).

Problems identified: 
  • Players may have access to a dictionary outside the game, meaning the event may continue indefinitely
  • The host may not be familiar with a term
Solution: Narrow the terms down by specifying a topic, e.g. Animals

'Impossible Bob' (Implemented)

Objective: To travel the furthest through an obstacle of monsters.
Description: A 'Bob' in this case, is a green snail. The host will select a map of their choice. All participants will need to stand against a wall, on a platform, etc as instructed to begin. The host will then summon multiple mobs of green snails. Players will need to walk or jump through the mob of green snails to reach the other side of the map. If a player is hit, they are automatically killed. The player who successfully makes it to the other side (extremely unlikely) is automatically the winner. If all participants are dead, the player closest to the starting position will be eliminated. The map will then be cleared, and the same process will repeat until only x players remain.

Note: A timer can be set, or stun can be used while the host summons the mobs. In the case of a tie, the player whose character box when double-clicked on appears first is the loser.

Constraints: Dark sight and mobility skills are not permitted.

'Survival of the Fittest'

Objective: To be the last one or few standing.
Description: This game is a variation to Bomberman. The only difference is that bombs are automatically spawned all over the map instead of the host having to chase and plant bombs manually.

Constraints: No mobility skills are permitted.

'Fashion Show'

Objective: To dress up according to a theme within a certain amount of time.
Description: A timer will be set for x minute(s). The host will deliver a theme, where all participants will need to search for outfits. Both IOCs and the Cash Shop can be used for this game. The winner(s) will be the most well-dressed and creative.

'Hide & Seek (HNS)'

Objective: To be the first to find the host.
Description: The host will warp themselves to a map of their choice. Assuming that a staff member is hosting, players will be given clues on where the host is. The player that reaches the map first and/or sits next the host will be the winner.

'The Watermelon Race'

(Still in progress)

The scope of the following suggestions are rather broad at this point, but still worth mentioning:
  • A solo or team tag tournament

Let me know what you guys think! 

Sorry for the tremendously long post.

Ryan
"First and foremost, apologies to Loretta and others about submitting this post late."

[Image: 3e614ee5f7.jpg]
I love you either way

[Image: fac1970fb9.jpg]

[Image: 9umnm.gif]

I will definitely host the ones I can for now! Some may need some work, or a mob may need to be created. (Super Bob) I LOVE THEEEESEEEE<3
Thanks Loretta <3

Glad I could help! Let me know here or in-game if you need further details about any of those events. I have plenty more coming.
Bobm away sound like LMS (Last man standing) with du jr necki
(11-18-2015, 10:16 AM)SunRaine Wrote: [ -> ]Bobm away sound like LMS (Last man standing) with du jr necki

Thanks Dao, just reminded me of what that event was called :]