MapleKey Forums

Full Version: Possibly MapleKey Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay I've been on the server for few hours, and I might have lots of stuffs that might help to improve the server. 

I'll be going through section by section let's start off;

Commands:
1. @toggledrops - toggle monster drops, on/off. To provide a better and less lag for those grinding rebirths and who do not require any loots
2. Harassment commands, such as @poke/kiss/kick/etc. - So players can play around with this commands, while they are hanging out @home/fm

NPCs:
1. More variety of NPCs @home. - When I first joined, I had a hard time finding out what NPC is what. I've been to other private server recently, and one is pretty simplified. Eg. the jump quest NPC, has everything complied inside one, which is easier to see. Ranging from JQ point ranking, JQ time, JQ to select from, JQ shop.
2. Compiling all game NPCs into one, eg. speed typer, balrog hunter, bob only, lootaholic and stuffs. Compiling all gambling NPCs into one too, and put in @house. I'm pretty sure @house and @home is gonna be where most players will be at, thus attracting them to the NPC more.

Donor:
1. Donor Gacha - Includes rare nx items, which can be obtained by getting donor gacha tickets which can be bought only with DP.
2. DMSIs - Permanent 30k each stat, WA ranging from 30 - 100, random WA base on the amount of DP given to make one.

General:
1. Have a thread which shows the IGNs of staffs. Till now I have no idea whose staff and whose not :/

That's all for now.
Hello dere!
Commands: from what i know only the monster in room 1-6 drop useless equip :p
and the harassing commands does exist => @actionhelp to see them

about the npc: "the player npc" are named on what they do, so pretty easy to know what they are used for, as for the balloon they are organized in a way that you don't get lost. o.o" and since you can access most of the npc with commands their is no really need of all the npc Big Grin
about compiling the npc => My Point of view => if there is too much in a npc => i read less, and dont bother to look at it (THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW, people can think the opposite)

donor: 1 ) why not
2) its pay to win...

General : apparently the staff is a bunch of shy people and a memerzers Big Grin
As stated above, the commands you suggested do exist, and the loot drops can be cleared via NPC Spawner.

As for the Donors, donating is an incentive to keep the server and it's miscellaneous property(forum, domain, etc.) a live. The gacha, is meh(I don't really care), but the DMSI would create a distinctive gap between regular players who, 1) Don't have the economic freedom to donate or 2) Don't want to spend any currency on this particular server or game(s) in general, and those who can afford and do donate. For the owners, they don't have to give anything to the players who donate, as it's optional and only meant to keep the server a live. Giving a feature of a exclusive MSI system for donors alone would be too much already, as there's several levels of MSI's available to all players.

While I do believe a Staff List is appropriate for all servers, you can simply go to the Members List on this forum to see who's a GM and who's not. Most, if not all, of the Staff on the forum has the same IGN as in-game.

Of course, these are just my shiny two pennies.
(11-12-2016, 08:41 PM)SunRaine Wrote: [ -> ]about the npc: "the player npc" are named on what they do, so pretty easy to know what they are used for, as for the balloon they are organized in a way that you don't get lost. o.o" and since you can access most of the npc with commands their is no really need of all the npc Big Grin
about compiling the npc => My Point of view => if there is too much in a npc => i read less, and dont bother to look at it (THIS IS MY POINT OF VIEW, people can think the opposite)

donor: 1 ) why not
2) its pay to win...
Well, I'm still new around the server so it's pretty hard to figure out what are the commands, besides there are 4 pages of commands gosh, I'm too lazy to go through all of those. (':
If there's too much NPCs, I guess I just can't be bothered to go through all one by one and I'll end up asking all the time where to get this, where to get that. Maybe cause I'm a bit OCD so... kinda had all those messy NPCs.

DMSIs ain't really pay to win... why don't we have snackbars in normal training maps, and it's only in donor training maps? If I didn't remember wrongly, snackbars has the highest meso drop rate.

(11-12-2016, 09:39 PM)iSnipes Wrote: [ -> ]As stated above, the commands you suggested do exist, and the loot drops can be cleared via NPC Spawner.

As for the Donors, donating is an incentive to keep the server and it's miscellaneous property(forum, domain, etc.) a live. The gacha, is meh(I don't really care), but the DMSI would create a distinctive gap between regular players who, 1) Don't have the economic freedom to donate or 2) Don't want to spend any currency on this particular server or game(s) in general, and those who can afford and do donate. For the owners, they don't have to give anything to the players who donate, as it's optional and only meant to keep the server a live. Giving a feature of a exclusive MSI system for donors alone would be too much already, as there's several levels of MSI's available to all players.

While I do believe a Staff List is appropriate for all servers, you can simply go to the Members List on this forum to see who's a GM and who's not. Most, if not all, of the Staff on the forum has the same IGN as in-game.

Of course, these are just my shiny two pennies.

Having a toggledrops command would be so much better than clicking the NPC every few minutes to clear drops. Much easier to grind rebirths for everyone.

Exactly, it is to create the gap between players, especially, donating is to keep the server up and running. Imagine a server with no attractive donation rewards, who would want to donate then? Probably the server would go down within months. Besides, DP can be traded in this server(I figured) so players can be selling those DPs for dots either ways.

Oh and another suggestion;

Make pet equipment more exclusive. Like... instead of buying off cash shop, make it obtainable by VPs only.
There ain't much usage of VPs. Like the common VPs for pet equipment, VPs to make MSIs, I don't really see those here so...
I see it as a real motive for someone to vote, as all these would be a need for us.
(11-13-2016, 01:46 AM)puansingye Wrote: [ -> ]DMSIs ain't really pay to win... why don't we have snackbars in normal training maps, and it's only in donor training maps? If I didn't remember wrongly, snackbars has the highest meso drop rate.
-----

Exactly, it is to create the gap between players, especially, donating is to keep the server up and running. Imagine a server with no attractive donation rewards, who would want to donate then? Probably the server would go down within months. Besides, DP can be traded in this server(I figured) so players can be selling those DPs for dots either ways.

Oh and another suggestion;

Make pet equipment more exclusive. Like... instead of buying off cash shop, make it obtainable by VPs only.
There ain't much usage of VPs. Like the common VPs for pet equipment, VPs to make MSIs, I don't really see those here so...
I see it as a real motive for someone to vote, as all these would be a need for us.

While the VP suggestions are worth while, I'd still have to disagree with the Donation aspect.

People donate for various reasons, which you're not supposed to expect anything in return. Donations count as a show of appreciation. "Hey, I like this server a lot. Great community, great features, etc. I don't want this server to die, so I'll donate $XX to keep it up!" That type of scenario, whether typical or not, is the basic premise of what donating is. You're NOT supposed to expect anything in return. I donated $XX because I like the community and the server seems neat. The donor commands are useful, but I don't use them all that much. I also don't use the donor maps for Snackbar either. I use a regular player accessible map to farm my dots. While DS can be traded or sold, that's just one feature to keep the economy rolling. I personally don't believe the gap should be widen between regular players and donor players. If donor players are given an extra boost, a leg up if you will, over the regular player, it then does become a "Pay to Win" situation. Where regular players who can't or choose not to donate, will feel inferior to those who can and did donate. You don't want that in the community. You want a balanced gameplay between all regular players and donor players. The Donor Map is useful yes, but not many donors even use it. It's basically a special FM room that has a mob spawner, with the exclusivity of one mob. That's it.

Also, to point out, selling your Donor Status Point, relinquishes you as a donor, unable to use the donor commands(If you only have 1 point). Selling your ONE and only one DS basically transfers your Status to another player and in exchange, you get dots. That's the basic premise I understand anyway. I could be wrong, as I've only been a Donor for several days and it's all I've gathered when I went through everything.

(11-13-2016, 01:46 AM)puansingye Wrote: [ -> ]Having a toggledrops command would be so much better than clicking the NPC every few minutes to clear drops. Much easier to grind rebirths for everyone.

As for the toggledrops command, it sounds useful, but it also sounds inconvenient at times. If you forget to toggledrops ON, then you miss the drops that people or mobs dropped. Seeing as if you toggledrops OFF, the drops won't just appear right there, they'll be invisible to you. Creating it to become dynamic would cause instability to the map, and cause crashing(to my understanding). One way to counter would be the choice of Clear Drops via NPC, or simply use a pet to vacuum all the drops. As a player who grinded from 0 rebirth to 1k rebirth in less than 24 hours, having a pet was useful to vacuum everything and kept it at a minimal lag(It also doesn't help that I'm running on a custom built desktop). However that's besides the point. The command is useful, but there's already other alternatives in place for this.

(11-13-2016, 01:46 AM)puansingye Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm still new around the server so it's pretty hard to figure out what are the commands, besides there are 4 pages of commands gosh, I'm too lazy to go through all of those. (':
If there's too much NPCs, I guess I just can't be bothered to go through all one by one and I'll end up asking all the time where to get this, where to get that. Maybe cause I'm a bit OCD so... kinda had all those messy NPCs.

For the 4 pages of commands, you can easily just skim through them. Most commands are universal across other servers out there now and in the past. Being lazy to read them all isn't a reason to consolidate and change the ways they're structured. Each NPC has a designated task. If you cram several functions into one(1) NPC, you cause instability for that NPC, which increases the risk of you as a player crashing or the NPC becomes broken. If this is really a problem, one way to work around this situation would be to create a parent NPC, that will direct you to the corresponding NPC of the option you chose. Basically what @key is, but for the balloons and what not. However, this will depend mainly on the community, as some players don't have a problem with it. A simple click to the NPC shows what they do and they move on to the next to see. It's all about memory I guess you could say.

These are all just my shiny two pennies of course.
(11-13-2016, 02:18 AM)iSnipes Wrote: [ -> ]People donate for various reasons, which you're not supposed to expect anything in return. Donations count as a show of appreciation. "Hey, I like this server a lot. Great community, great features, etc. I don't want this server to die, so I'll donate $XX to keep it up!" That type of scenario, whether typical or not, is the basic premise of what donating is. You're NOT supposed to expect anything in return. I donated $XX because I like the community and the server seems neat. The donor commands are useful, but I don't use them all that much. I also don't use the donor maps for Snackbar either. I use a regular player accessible map to farm my dots. While DS can be traded or sold, that's just one feature to keep the economy rolling. I personally don't believe the gap should be widen between regular players and donor players. If donor players are given an extra boost, a leg up if you will, over the regular player, it then does become a "Pay to Win" situation. Where regular players who can't or choose not to donate, will feel inferior to those who can and did donate. You don't want that in the community. You want a balanced gameplay between all regular players and donor players. The Donor Map is useful yes, but not many donors even use it. It's basically a special FM room that has a mob spawner, with the exclusivity of one mob. That's it.

Also, to point out, selling your Donor Status Point, relinquishes you as a donor, unable to use the donor commands(If you only have 1 point). Selling your ONE and only one DS basically transfers your Status to another player and in exchange, you get dots. That's the basic premise I understand anyway. I could be wrong, as I've only been a Donor for several days and it's all I've gathered when I went through everything.

Damn, the hate for pay to win is so real. Alright then, since I can't find other reasons to let it happen, I'll leave it as it it (:

Besides, toggledrops only disables the drops of the mob that you killed yourself, it doesn't affect others, so if you are training in a party, you won't miss any drops that your party members has.

Can we have rebirth points too? Which can in turn trade for some items
(11-13-2016, 02:44 AM)puansingye Wrote: [ -> ]Damn, the hate for pay to win is so real. Alright then, since I can't find other reasons to let it happen, I'll leave it as it it (:

Besides, toggledrops only disables the drops of the mob that you killed yourself, it doesn't affect others, so if you are training in a party, you won't miss any drops that your party members has.

Can we have rebirth points too? Which can in turn trade for some items

Pay to Win situations create inferiority in a community. That's not what this server needs. This server needs a thriving, growing, and friendly community to help one another out. That is my stance for this server, and in general for all games. It's to keep the peace and have a balanced gameplay while keeping the community civil.

The point isn't that your party members will miss the drops, its that you will. The usability of the command is there, so I'll leave this particular suggestion to the community to decide if they choose to do so.

As for the Rebirth Points. Talk to the Aqua Balloon in @home to retrieve medals and belts corresponding to the amount of Rebirths you have. You will NOT lose rebirths, as the rewards are FREE. Each medal and belt are different at each milestone, and each medal and belt have increasing stats.
(11-13-2016, 02:18 AM)iSnipes Wrote: [ -> ]As for the Rebirth Points. Talk to the Aqua Balloon in @home to retrieve medals and belts corresponding to the amount of Rebirths you have. You will NOT lose rebirths, as the rewards are FREE. Each medal and belt are different at each milestone, and each medal and belt have increasing stats.

I'm not talking about those medals, as in, literally points, which work as a meso form.
1 point for 1 rebirth, and with those rebirth that you have collected, you can exchange for items like CSS/peridots/WS/etc.
(11-13-2016, 03:32 AM)puansingye Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not talking about those medals, as in, literally points, which work as a meso form.
1 point for 1 rebirth, and with those rebirth that you have collected, you can exchange for items like CSS/peridots/WS/etc.

The suggestion sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind it per se, but I won't argue against it. Let's leave it and see what the rest of the community thinks of it.
Lime balloon to get a rb or a mdeal depending on your rbs Smile

"hate for pay to win is so real"? idk for people but i picked this server because its no pay to win ;D

So you don't mind having a npc with 50options in it, but reading all the commands is too painful?

as for the donor map, that true that there is better mob in there, but they also have more hp, so you still have to grind on the normal map before being able to kill anything in there .

and for the toggledrops, that mean no chance to get the equip ticket or chair ticket, and the maple leaves (that people end up begging because they lazy to loot)
Pages: 1 2